Afton Field Mushroom Gravy
Vegan | Gluten Free | Soy Free
- ½ cup Afton Field (enjoy the rest while cooking)
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces baby portobello mushrooms, finely chopped
- ½ cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 4 to 5 cups vegetable stock
- Tamari to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms; saute until well browned.
- Sprinkle in flour and cook, stirring, until golden brown.
- Slowly whisk in vegetable stock, a little at a time, until a smooth sauce forms.
- Simmer 2 to 3 minutes until thickened.
- Season with tamari, salt and pepper.
- Serve as is, or pass it through a fine mesh strainer.