BRIGHTCIDER BRINED TURKEY & GRAVY
GLUTEN FREE | SOY FREE
- 6-pack of Brightcider (sip on the rest as you cook!)
- 16lb Turkey
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups salt
- 6 cups water
- 3 lemons
- 6 bay leaves
- 2 heads garlic
- Chopped rosemary
- 2 cups Brightcider
- 1 stick unsalted butter
BRINE & PREP
- In a large stock pot combine the sugar and water; bring to a boil then remove from the heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients with the exception of the turkey.
- Allow the brine to cool then place in the refrigerator for 1 day.
- Place your turkey into a brine bag, or a large pot pour the brining mixture over the turkey. Seal the brine bag with the zip tie provided and or a rubber band. Allow the turkey to sit in the brining mixture for at least 24hrs or up to 2 days.
- Remove turkey from brine, rinse and cook according to your favorite method as usual, we’ve listed our favorite below.
- Boil cider in saucepan until reduced to ¼ cup, about 15 minutes.
- Whisk in butter and let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F, setting rack as low as possible.
- Pat turkey dry and stuff loosely with stuffing.
- Place turkey in with the wings tucked under and legs tied loosely together
- Roast turkey 1 hour, then brush with glaze.
- Roast another 1 hour (or until beginning to brown), then cover with foil.
- Roast 3 hours, or until thermometer reads 175 °F; brushing with glaze every 30 minutes and add 1 cup of water to the pan if drippings begin to burn.
- Transfer turkey to platter and tent with foil.
- Let rest for 30 minutes.