- 2 lbs Whole Chicken
- 1 Can of Brightcider
- 2 tbsp sButter
- 2 tbsps Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Chopped Rosemary
- 2 tsp Chopped Thyme
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- Thoroughly wash and rinse a whole chicken, removing the giblets.
- Make a brine by adding 1/4 cup kosher salt to one gallon of water. Stir until dissolved. Immerse the chicken in the salt water, covering it completely. Refrigerate for about 3 hours.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and stir it into 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add garlic, salt, black pepper and paprika. Rub the entire chicken, inside and out, with this seasoned mixture.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the rosemary on the outside of the chicken.
Stuff the thyme and remaining rosemary into the cavity.
- “Empty” about 1/2 of the 2 Towns Brightcider. A room temperature Brightcider works best in this case. Place the chicken on the cider can, inserting the can into the cavity. The chicken should stand up on the can by itself.
- Set the grill to 300°. Wait until the temperature stabilizes, then cook for about 3 hours or until done. Chicken is fully cooked when leg moves freely in socket, or internal temperature at the thickest part of the chicken is at least 165° F.