Smokey Jalapeno Margarita
This cocktail has a little something for everyone, sweet, spice, and a nice acid bite, throw some smokiness into the mix and you’ve just leveled up your margarita experience. Our Smokey Jalapeno Margarita is super simple and can be made in batches for a real crowd pleaser!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 jalapeño, halved
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 1/2 oz Jalapeño Simple Syrup
- 1/3 cup gold tequila
- ¼ cup Nectarade
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 oz orange liqueur (triple sec or Grand Marnier)
- Garnish: slices of jalapeño, lime wedges
Smoked Chile Salt Rim:
- 1 lime, quartered
- Spiceology’s Chile Margarita Spice
For the simple syrup:
- Simmer water, sugar, and jalapeno together in a pot until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into a jar (very slowly) and refrigerate.
For the rim:
- Pour a small amount of Spiceology’s Chili Margarita Spice onto a small shallow plate.
- Cut a lime into quarters.
- Run the lime around the rim of your glass of choice
- Dip freshly lime-rimmed glass into Chili Margarita spice.
For the Cocktail:
- Slice limes in half and place directly on your smoker just until caramelized.
- Remove limes and squeeze the juice into a shaker and add all other ingredients for the cocktail, including the simple, into the shaker.
- Strain and pour into spice-rimmed glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and jalapeno slice.